Monday, October 8, 2012

Another {Co op Friendly} Recipe!

I was perusing Pinterest and came upon this lovely lil blog: Little Magnolia Kitchen. She shared a yummy looking red beans and rice recipe and I just had to try it - and it could be done in the crock pot!

How easy is that?



[image source]

The delicious recipe is super easy and Little Magnolia Kitchen has even included some step by step photos to make the process even easier. I didn't have any red beans on hand so I used kidney beans. I soaked them in water for 6-8 hours and then added them to the crock pot (good thing, too because I misread the recipe and put the crock pot on low for 7 hours rather than on high!). Definitely include the Tony Chachere's seasoning - if you don't have it in the cupboard, it's worth popping over to the grocery store and picking it up. I served this over brown rice and it was delicious. You know me, I made as much as our crock pot will hold so we'll be eating this one dish meal for a while (or putting some in the freezer). 

No comments:

Post a Comment